Monday 7 April 2008

Situation update

Well, I've successfully crammed learn french in 3 months into 1 month - I'm feeling a little smug, I'm not sure if that's justified. I've now started an advanced learn at home course by the same people - my target is to finish that by next weekend. I've also gotten hold of Harry Potter en français, so that should help matters.

On the other hand, I'm not showing any similar success in arranging some observation time before the interview. I've had one refusal so far, and everyone else is ignoring my emails. The school that said no simply can't manage another student, as they have loads at the moment and they are in the middle of oral exams and preparation - all the language departments in all the schools across the country will be in this situation, I don't think I'll be able to manage it! Still, this wasn't essential for the purposes of the interview, just helpful, so I'll just have to try my luck without it.

2 comments:

Narky said...

Don't panic! Don't panic!

Ranting Teacher said...

Bon chance avec l'interview! (Ahem...)