Tuesday 18 March 2008

Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog. 

Despite spending years insisting that I didn't want to be a teacher, and that linguists had many other alternative career options, I recently had an epiphany. I was sitting at my desk at work and suddenly realised that I needed more. I need a challenge, I need to make a difference, I need a job where every day is different .... You see where I'm going with this?

Anyway, the application is underway, the choices made and the reference requested. I'm hoping to use this blog as a way of tracking my progress from beginning to end, as well as a way of getting in touch with other people in a similar situation. 

I'll use this space to rant about the applications process, to fret about my interview and to review any useful books or teaching materials I come across along the way! I hope visitors to my blog will share their thoughts on teaching, classroom management, the applications process and anything else that comes to mind.

No comments: